LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohankumar (Business )     09 January 2013

About affidavit

1) Can an affidavit include its translation in another lagnuage in the same document and the affaint sign in both the places. ?

2) If the stamp paper is purchased by a representative of the affiant, should proof for that also be given (or just mentioned in the application form is enough) ?

What I mean is - if i purchase the stamp paper in the deponent's name and he swores the affidavit, can that become void because of just for this reason? 

3) Is the stamp fee for affidavit fixed or does it depend on the matter/issue what is witten there? 

Should the stamp paper be purchased by the affaint only or any other can purchase it on his/her name? 

I have purchased 

Learning

5 Replies

Mohankumar (Business )     09 January 2013

Please ignore the last para in the above.

MohammedRaffiq Bijapur (Advocate)     09 January 2013

Affidavit defined in General Claue, "shall include affirmation and declaration in the case of the persons by law allowed to affirm or declare instead of swearing".

1) There cannot be single affidavit which includes the original and its translation in another lagnuage in the same document and the affaint sign in both the places. The translator has to swear to a separate affiddavit.

2) If the stamp paper is purchased by a representative of the affiant, should proof for that also be given (or just mentioned in the application form is enough) ?- Not necessary any one can purchase.

What I mean is - if i purchase the stamp paper in the deponent's name and he swores the affidavit, can that become void because of just for this reason? - No

3) Is the stamp fee for affidavit fixed or does it depend on the matter/issue what is witten there. Fee is subjected to Notaries Act and Oaths Act

MohammedRaffiq Bijapur (Advocate)     09 January 2013

Affidavit defined in General Claue, "shall include affirmation and declaration in the case of the persons by law allowed to affirm or declare instead of swearing".

1) There cannot be single affidavit which includes the original and its translation in another lagnuage in the same document and the affaint sign in both the places. The translator has to swear to a separate affiddavit.

2) If the stamp paper is purchased by a representative of the affiant, should proof for that also be given (or just mentioned in the application form is enough) ?- Not necessary any one can purchase.

What I mean is - if i purchase the stamp paper in the deponent's name and he swores the affidavit, can that become void because of just for this reason? - No

3) Is the stamp fee for affidavit fixed or does it depend on the matter/issue what is witten there. Fee is subjected to Notaries Act and Oaths Act

Dipakkumar J Shah (Proprietor)     10 January 2013

If on Affidavit , in reply to notice of motion, all the things had been stated completely untruth ?? Far a way from the facts on record . WHat action can be taken? Some one on behalf of corporate an affidavit is made? Advocate filed this Affidavit inReply serving upon the plaintiff? What action can be taken against advocate on record? Can I file complaint in Bar Council ?

Shah D J

djshah1944@yahoo.com

Mohankumar (Business )     10 January 2013

Thank you

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register