FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Akansha (Admin)     30 August 2008

about a friend

Hi everyone,

Recently, I had posted a query about my sister, I am very happy with the responses I have got… I have one more query, it’s about a friend… if u people do not mind, I need your suggestions..

I have a friend by name Thyagaraju… he is the only son in the family and has two sisters and both of them are married…

He is very ambitious and has some big dreams about his career… he is seriously very much career oriented person… he has done his diploma, after diploma, he had joined for engineering… but then, after one year of engineering, he had quit engineering, because he understood his family financial situation then and realized that his family could not afford his education… after quitting his engineering, he was doing some part-time jobs and helping himself…

Like me, even his family had lots of troubles about his sister’s marriage… their family too faced lot of pain and he too shared all the pain… now his family’s financial situation is fine and also his sister’s life is absolutely fine… and now he is thinking about his career, that’s not bad right…

Now, he is planning to go ahead with some kind of course, so that he can get into IT field, and he needs around 1 Lakh for that… he does not have that money, but then, his family can somehow afford it, but then, right now, their family is saying that they won’t help him in anyway…

Their family has a property of more than 1 crore, in the form of land and own house and this person, has told them that he do not want anything out of that property, but he wants their family to help him make a career.. But his family is not with him now… he has even begged them to get him a loan from somewhere, so that, he will repay the loan by himself, but again, the family is not interested in helping him out…

He even had gone to the extent of asking the family to share the property, so that, he can go by his way and make his career and lead his way, but then, the family is not supporting that also…

He is very depressed, and as a friend, I am scared that his fear of not being able to make his dream career come true might prompt him to take any stupid decisions such as, maybe even suicide…

As a friend, I badly want to help him out in some way, but then, financially I cannot help him as I myself am not very good financially… maximum I can do is probably give him some moral support and I am doing that…

Point is simple, his family won’t help him financially, and they won’t share the property as long as the parents are alive, but then, if my friend doesn’t act now, then, his whole career will be gone…. He feels very sad that his own family is not supporting him when he needed them, now, he also sometimes feels bad that, inspite of him sharing all the pain in the family, now when things are okay with the family, now he is being singled out with no help, no property, nothing…

He loves his family a lot and does care for his family, but now, does not know what to do…

Hope you matured people do give some suggestions…. So that I can pass them to him and make him comfortable…


 9 Replies

Rajan Salvi (Lawyer)     31 August 2008

You are clever , but not that clever. Do not under estimate Lawyers.

Pankaj Rai (Lawyer)     31 August 2008

No one can beleive this type of story.

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     31 August 2008


manu (advocate)     31 August 2008

mr. akanksha,

as pointed out by my friends its not a legal issue.

but if the property is ancestral one even ur friend can claim for equal share in it. for that he needs to file a suit for partition.


Shree. ( Advocate.)     31 August 2008

Nice story!!!!!!!!!

D.V.RamaKrishna (Advocate)     31 August 2008


Let your friend obtain any educational or personal loan from any bank assuring them that he will repay the loan after getting a job based on his qualification


Mohit Attri (lawyer)     31 August 2008

can not stop laughing.........he he he

Guest (n/a)     31 August 2008

dear friend you ask your parents and convince them that you can show best results by investing in youur study it is not waste there will be much worth full and explain them how confident you are about your carrier and the family reputation increases with your education as on today propertiesare not valueblle than your studies it is not advisble for partitionor any other legal proceedings because they are time taking long processes you will become middle age person till the settllement

kasina kiran kumar (advocate)     13 September 2008

i have gone through your query, it is lacking with some important information whether the landed property is ancestral or self acquired or separate property. if it is ancestral then he acquires right by birth  and he can claim his share of property by filing a suit for partition. please consult advocate who can guide you properly along with all your documents of the property.


kasina kiran kumar.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query