LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Navaneeth S S   14 August 2020

Abetment to Suicide - False Sexual Assault Allegation

A women falsely accuses a man that he s*xually assaulted her. Once bail is granted, He commits suicide with a note stating she is responsible.

Is she liable for abetment to suicide if
1)She and a few friends of hers had been harassing him via other methods before this incident. ;
2) if this was an isolated incident?

Learning

5 Replies

{Balu manikantan} SUBRAMANYAM (Practising Advocate)     14 August 2020

As she has already filed a case against you for the s*xual harassment and you are on bail one cannot say she will be booked for abetment of suicide  if you kill your self  by suicide  by writing a suicide note that she is responsible for your suicidal death. It all depends upon the Facts and circumstances. Even if the police book her for the abetment of suicde she will get a bail within a maximum of  one month. And later she may also be acquitted from the main case. So your purpose will not be served. 

My humble request is not to commit suicide and instead fight the case and win.  You  may approach a good criminal lawyer and fight the case, Mere allegation is not sufficient to establish a s*xual assault. This kind of cases end with acquittal. so do not worry.

Committing Suicide to punish others is not the solution. Live, Fight and win the case.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     15 August 2020

Members can not judge on bare facts and it is left to the discretion of courts depending on facts, circumstances, and evidence..

Navaneeth S S   15 August 2020

thank you both. and thank you Subramaniam for your concern. but I am not gonna commit suicide xD. I'm was only looking for some help with my moot problem. thanks anyway

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     15 August 2020

It is admittedly a hypothetical academic exercise, which should have been posed to your tutor / guide / professor.

A. A. JOSE (LAWYER; LEGAL ADVISER/CONSULTANT& TRAINER)     15 August 2020

Those answering this imaginative question may also be exposing themselves to the  the risk of abatement, if the querist acted  as per his query relying upon such opinon from the experts.  Therefore,  it  is felt proper to ignore such  academic question please.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register