LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MUKESH K MOHAN (MANAGER)     18 April 2020

Abandoned land - a menace to residents

An abandoned land at Chennai being used for dumping garbage and poultry remaining causing pollution and unhygienic condition to the residents. The owner is in Hyderabad and not at all bothered in spite of informing him. Which Govt department in Tamil Nadu can be contact to resolve the problem. Residents are falling sick due the pollution and unhygienic condition emerging from the said land.

Learning

2 Replies

Adv Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 (Lawyer)     01 May 2020

Hello Mukesh!

File a complaint before the Health Department of the Municipal Corporation for taking urgent action in this matter which is affecting health of the citizen in their ward. also mark a copy of he complaint to the local ward officer and the Municipal Commissioner too.

if the complaint is still not attended. Then after expiry of 15 days, file an application under RTI to seek details about the status of your complaint.

Hope this would help to resolve your query as the department would be forced to give the reply which could be used by you before the High Court for filing Writ Petition against them, if needed be..

Regards,

Adv. Rohit Dalmia

MUKESH K MOHAN (MANAGER)     01 May 2020

Sir, Thank you so much.  I have already lodged a complaint with Municipal Commissioner and a copy marked to Health Secretary, Health Department, Tamil Nadu. Thank you for your suggestion. I will wait for 15 days and need be I will proceed as suggested by you. thank you once again.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register