LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hemang (Director)     16 July 2011

Aadhar card

I am from Mumbai and having house here with my father. Our names are in ration card, including that of my wife and children.

As we have factory in Gujarat, we stay there during week and come to Mumbai on weekends. I hope I can make my aadhar card in Mumbai only.

Is this card safe as they are taking biometric data? Is it compulsary?

Should I make the card for my 4 year old daughter also or only for 8 year old son?

Learning

4 Replies

Kanaksinh P.Boda (Educationist/Lawyer)     17 July 2011

You can apply for Aadhaar Card. It is safe and useful but not compulsory now. Your daughter can get only after completing five years of age. Your 8 year son is eligible to ger Adhaar Card.

KAMARAJ BHARATHY G (ADVOCATE- HIGH COURT)     17 July 2011

Dear Sir,

can you explain what is called as Aadhaar Card?  If you explain i can clarify your querty.

Kalyan (Student)     04 October 2013

Hi. I am new to this site. I hope to respond to a few queries whenever possible.

Any Indian citizen or a person residing in India is eligible for Aadhaar card. As for Kids they can always apply for an Aadhaar card. Any age. however, if the kid is below 5 years they will need to re-apply/renew it once again when they are over 5 years. You can find more info on this site if you need - https://www.uidai-aadhaarcard.com/eligibility-ciriteria-for-aadhaar-card-enrollment

dinne venugopal (lecturer)     07 November 2013

This card for only unique identity. u can take for your 4 yr old daughter, but they dont take biometric data

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register