Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

A national database of 498a women and family

Page no : 2

Agneepath (Software Engineer)     22 November 2011

I am back. Sorry, had gone to fight my own case and progress it further.

@Ankitaaaaa,

The Final Report doesn't decide whether the complaint was false or true. Most of the cases they do not do ANY INVESTIGATION at all, except some statements. In my case my neighbors' statements were changed to be made against us by the Investigating Officer himself because we didnt' agree to give money or do 'amicable settlement' (read 'extortion'). I am assuming whoever has filed a case for dowry, based on the statistics except 2% all of them are false. I cannot believe that where both husband and wife are highly educated, one will do 'dowry harassment' and other will quietly face it for long time.

@Sandeep Naik,

Thanks for your support. It is already HEAVILY misused. Only 2% are true cases from the statistics.

@Shonee,

It might be difficult, but I'll try. I just need legal advice or work arounds on how to do it, I will handle the technicality and infrastructure. Have already booked the domain.

So no one is surely telling me a way to upload a picture. Can't I upload a picture of my current or previous wife on a site without legally being in trouble? There has to be SOME way? (Like host on some other website and just give a link there?)

1 Like

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     22 November 2011

You can do it..... if she comes to know she can file defamation etc.

But if you write Wives filing 498-a, the defamation won't be standing. However, if you state Wives filing false 498-a, it might attract defamtion.

Also, I guarantee, you won't get support of 100 people.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 January 2012

Law changes with the time.  A time was there when draconian laws were needed to curb the dowry  demands.  There was a need to curb domestic violence.   But the same are misused further disturbing is that while on one side real victims do not complain the false reporting do take place.  There is a need to collect such database.

Aishwarya (Teacher)     29 January 2012

I agree for a collective database of all 498a wives and all crooked lawyers who are turn coats and cheat their clients..

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     30 January 2012

:-)

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Gaurav (consultant)     04 April 2013

Needs inputs on this.

youngbro (software)     17 July 2014

@ Agneepath, 

I want my  brother s  wife name to be on the first row. did this effort go anywhere.

Is there any database created, please  let me know,  I will send you my brother wife 's name,  with her picture.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register