Upgrad LLM

a girl getting threat of making morphed image viral.

This Incident Took Place in Patna, Bihar.

A girl was threatned and blackmailed over Instragram that her Morphed imaged would be made viral.

Cyber crime cell, refused to register the complaint and stated if id has been deleted we cannot do anything.

Even after meeting with SP, cyber crime cell demand in written direction from SSP for regitring complaint. Cyrber crime unit is not registring complaint.

At Police station, after much haggling and running for days, A Fir was registered, but was not registered under appropiate sections of IPC and IT act. What can be done so that appropiate section of law can be added in the Complaint.

Any help in this regard would be of much help.


approch court under section 156(3) Cppc.

read Cppc as crpc

  • If the police officer is not registering FIR under section 154 of Cr.P.C, then approach the superintendent of Police (SP), with a written application, under sub-section 3 of section 154 of Cr.P.C, 1973.


  • The SP may either investigate the offence himself or direct any other police officer to investigate the offence instead.


  • Yet if, police refuse to register FIR, or despite FIR is registered, no proper investigation is done, in such a case, the aggrieved person can approach Magistrate concerned under section 156 (3) of Cr.P.C. 


Pawan Saha




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x