LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KUMAR (SELF)     07 November 2013

99 years lease

I am from Kolkata, West Bengal. My grand father along with 3 friends took a land on lease for 99 years and constructed a house in 1960. My grand father and father both have deceased. i want to sell my 25% share in that building. 

I have not paid rent to landlord for past 10 years. the landlord had earlier purchased 50% share (2 shares) and has moved in the building. 

can i sell the property to an outsider as the landlord has offered me half the market value?

Learning

1 Replies

Karanjit Chadha (Proprietor)     13 December 2013

I am to say that My Late mother had taken a lease hold industrial land for Ranchi Industrial area development Authority in 1973, on her demise I had cleared all the liabilities of the loans taken on the industry which was  mortgaged to the state Financial Institution as a legal heir.to my late Mother who expired  in dec 2004.I do not have any Brothers. The Unit was declared a sick Unit by both the Governments. The Apex committee on Sick And Closed Units of The Govt. of Jharkhand requested the Ranchi Industrial area development authority to change the ownership of the unit in my name. in 2006, On pressing the Authority  they are asking for Sucession Certificate The Hon'ble Chief Justice says there is no succession certificate on Lease Hold land  and my application is withheld

Kindly suggest

Karanjit.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register