IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravikant Soni (LAWYER IN JAIPUR)     15 October 2010

80 cpc

Dear all,

I have to sue on Life insurance corporation. 

Wud any one tell me before filing 80 CPC notice must???

is LIC a government body of corporate body??

Plz suggest me...


 4 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     15 October 2010

Dear Mr. Soni,

LIC is a statutory corporation i.e. a Corporation set up under the Act of Parliament.

I don't think that Section 80 CPC notice is required to sue LIC.

Mugundhan (Lawyer)     15 October 2010

I agree with Mr.R.Ramachandran sir.

y haraharanathbabu (practing law)     27 October 2010

I also aggrewith with Ramachandran suggesstion. It is a right. Sec.80 CPC does not come at all.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 October 2010

Mr. Ravikant,

Section 80 deals with two classes of cases:- (1)Suits against the govt.  and (2) Suits against public officers. In the first  case, Notice under section 80 must be given in all cases. In the second case, notice under section 80 is necessary only where the suit is in respect of any act purported to be done by which public officer in his official capacity. LIC comes under public sector.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query