LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Virender Malhotra (Lawyer)     12 January 2016

70 year old advocate wants to become notary public

Recently I attained the age of 70 years. Although I became an advocate in 1992 but left the law practice in 1996. Again rejoined general law practice in 2014 and am working full time now. Can I apply for to become a Notary Public to keep the food on the table?

Learning

6 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     12 January 2016

Pl. Read the Notary act .

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     12 January 2016

an advocate must have 10 years of experience from the date of enrollment in the concerned Bar counsel.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     12 January 2016

an advocate must have 10 years of experience from the date of enrollment in the concerned Bar counsel.

slakshmanrao (accounts officer)     13 January 2016

Not Sure after !!! Retirement!!! Law Ministry will be in a position to issue guidelines in specific contingencies...Regards slakshmanrao3@gmail.com

Advocate Dinesh Rajpurohit ( Advocate)     13 January 2016

. Qualifications for appointment as a notary
No person shall be eligible for appointment as a notary unless on the date of the application for such appointment-
(a) a person had been practicing at least for ten years, or
(aa)a person belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes and other backward classes had been practicing at least for seven years, or
(ab) a woman who had been practicing at least for seven years, as a legal practitioner, or
(b) he had been a member of the Indian Legal Services under the
Central Government, or
(c) he had been at least for ten years,-
(i) a member of Judicial Service; or
(ii) held an office under the Central Government or a State Government requiring special knowledge of law after enrolment as an
advocate; or
(iii) held an office in the department of Judge Advocate General or in the legal department of the armed forces.)

moreover pl read                                                 For appointment as Notary, Please see Rule 3, 4, and rule 8 of the Notaries Rule 1956.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 January 2016

Well explained by learned advocate Dinesh Rajpurohit, nothing more to add. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register