LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohit Sharma (Software Engineer)     21 January 2012

498a witness cancellation..

Dear Lawyers,

Please suggest since my wife is not comming for witness for 498a,323 from last 4-5 dates so our lawyers is advicing for
Cancellation of witness in court so that court cant wait further for her.

1.Can it is possible?

2.If yes then can she may re-open her witness role in future,? 

3.After that what may the chances to win the case? and how long may it go after cancellation of witness?



 3 Replies

Chetan Singh (SE)     21 January 2012

I have heared, it might be possible but cant say surely!


yes it is possible ......take advice of your lawyer 

venkatesh Rao (Retired Government Servant)     24 January 2012

Your advocate has to object for further issueof summons to your wife. Normally, the court will allow your objection. Yet, the prosecution may produce her subsequently before closure of evidence, and sometimes, even after,even without summons and the courts normally permit her examination.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register