LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


498a squash procedure before chargesheet

  My wife filed FIR in police station for 498a 3 months back . Chargesheet was not filed until now by IO. I want to apply for quash petition in HC.  

1) Can I apply for FIR quash before chargesheet filed ? 

2)  Let me know where can I get certified copy of FIR ?  

I got mixed answers for this question earlier.. Experts please advise me exact procedure >>>URGENT PLEASE



 2 Replies

Aryan Raj   09 February 2022

Dear Queriest,

To quash criminal proceedings under Section 482 of the Criminal Procedure Code, a Court cannot rely on a "draft charge-sheet" that has yet to be presented to the Magistrate. So an FIR can be quashed before filing of a chargesheet. 

You can request a certified copy of FIR from the concerned police officer or the Superintendent of Police by submitting an application through your representative and paying the fee required to obtain such a copy from the Court. The copy must be provided within twenty-four hours of the application being made.


Aryan Raj 



Advocate Vishal Garg (Advocate Whatsapp 9717985984)     16 March 2022

1. Yes

2.Get the certifed copy from concerned police station/Court.

For more detailed discussion contact at 9717985984 , ADVOCATEVG20@GMAIL.COM- Adv Vishal Garg

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query