Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

eswar (software)     22 March 2011

498A Quash

498A, DP3 and 4 has been filed against me and my family members. Chargesheet is not yet filed. Before filing the 498A, the other party used to constantly threaten us to pay money or else they will file false cases. I had recorded the telephonic conversation and gave a complaint in the police station before 498A was lodged.

Police gave a acknowledgement receipt but did not take any action.

I wanted to know if

a)If I can approach High court for Quash of the case - based on the grounds of the complaint give by me that this is a counter attack;

b) Consider filing a PCR for the complaint I have lodged.



 4 Replies

Legal Fighter (Advocate)     22 March 2011

u can take both the steps but qhashing is very rare on this ground.

Mohd Musabbir Ansari (Legal Practice/Litigation New Delhi 09582547570 )     23 March 2011

Mr. Eswar

You must move to High Court for quashing the F.IR.

Your grounds are strong specially telephonic conversation.

Shailendra prasad singh (Lawyer)     23 March 2011

who is threaten u the wife or her father ?

eswar (software)     24 March 2011

My wife and her relatives (not her father).

They have clearly mentioned pay x amount for settlement or else they will falsly implicate me and my family members; put us in jail etc.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register