IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

user100   29 October 2017

498a - police pressuring to compromise

498a case is filed on our family in the PS. Police is putting pressure on us saying compromise with wife by paying money. Police is explicitly saying wife family filed cases only to get money. Wife family is expecting money in crores during mediations in the past. We can not pay crores. Why police is putting pressure on us to compromise. Could please advice, how to deal with police.


 3 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     29 October 2017

Engage experienced lawyer to workout rather dealing with corrupt police officials who are looking for their share in the huge amount to be extracted from you.

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     29 October 2017

Police cannot pressurize you settle the matter as per the whims of wife. If the Investigating Officer is not acting as per law then you may approach the concerned Police Head (Commissioner of SP) of the area for change of IO for proper investigation into the matter. However, it is advised that settling the matter amicably will be a good option.

Naveen Kumar H   29 October 2017

hi dear user100

don't compromise just arrange a good advocate and fight in court
according to me your wife will get around some lakhs not crores...
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query