LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

madhu   10 June 2018

498a leads to divorce

hi, i m recently married in last year November 2017.my husband and his family members harassing me for additional dowry and divorce.because of their harassment i came to my parents house. i want to live with my husband. under what sections i need to file complaint to stop dowry and divorce harassment. will 498a leads to divorce

Learning

5 Replies

MANJUNATH K B (Asst Professor)     10 June 2018

HI

your question itself isn't clear....? one side you are telling your husband is  harrassing you for additional dowry and also for divorce.....!!!! how can he ask for additional dowry and also for divorce at the same time.....?  and why do you want to live  with a husband like that.......?

In my perspective i think u have been grossly misguided by some of your closest associates, whom so ever they are, well as the answer for your question YES, FILING 498A will definitely leads to divorce and unnecessary police station and life long court visits....rather than doing all this non sense work go for a family counselling or sit and talk with your husband and in laws with your elders and family members and sort out the matter within four walls.....

Dont waste your life following some fools guidance .....take care 

madhu   10 June 2018

my aunt harrashing me for dowry.she is absuing me and my family every day. my husband also support her.my husband family dosent listen to elders. my husband saying he dont like me. he want settlement. but how can i leave him. before marriage he did  not tell anything . now he and his mother harashing me . what should i do.other than 498a is there is any section to stop harashment. can i claim for separate residence with my husband because my aunt harashing me every day. as u said i was misguied and filed a complaint in police station. councelling is going on. fir is not filed. can i close complaint at councelling stage.my husband saying he will tack me to his house. but im sure his mother will definetly harashme . what should i do how to stop this harashment.

Aman chawla (DELHI HIGH COURT ADVOCATE)     10 June 2018

There is no way to stop them.

The all you can do is you should continue with your 498A, and apart from this you can file domestic Violence case against your husband and your In-Laws, in domestic violence complaint, you can seek multiple reliefs it also includes residence rights as well as a maintenance for your daily needs.

Thanks,

Regards,

Aman Chawla

MANJUNATH K B (Asst Professor)     11 June 2018

Hi I agree with Aman chawla....but think twice before filing multiple cases on your in-laws and husband, this only leads to greater chaos in between you people....and moreover you will have to spend a lot of money on lawyers and you should prove whatever you write in your complaint in the court as well, which is a hectic and time waste process.... My suggestion still you haven't completed a year of your marriage, it takes time to settle down... It is your decision to take back the case or not to...? But yes u can withdraw your complaint if the fir is not filed as you have said that your husband is willing to take you back... Be careful in whatever decision you are going to take about your life..... All the best....have faith in God

MANJUNATH K B (Asst Professor)     11 June 2018

Hi I agree with Aman chawla....but think twice before filing multiple cases on your in-laws and husband, this only leads to greater chaos in between you people....and moreover you will have to spend a lot of money on lawyers and you should prove whatever you write in your complaint in the court as well, which is a hectic and time waste process.... My suggestion still you haven't completed a year of your marriage, it takes time to settle down... It is your decision to take back the case or not to...? But yes u can withdraw your complaint if the fir is not filed as you have said that your husband is willing to take you back... Be careful in whatever decision you are going to take about your life..... All the best....have faith in God

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register