Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh Anand (Trainee)     11 November 2013

498a- fir quash or chargesheet quash?

Hi All!

I have not taken any dowry in marriage.

There is discrepancy of allegations made by wife in DVC and FIR complaint letter (in 498a). As a precautionary measure I applied for anticipatory bail (AB) for my family & myself soon she filed FIR. Her allegations of dowry was not considered by judge/PP and granted us AB. I am working on getting bail.

I was informed about 498a quash by one of my friends.

The chargesheet is likely to be submitted to court in about 10 days by Investigation Officer (IO). 

Which is a better option to try in current situation? FIR quash or Chargesheet quash? Are there any limitations? 

Cheers! Anand

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 November 2013

Anand,

It is better to go for quash of FIR itself immediately instead of waiting for the charge sheet to be filed and giving a reply to the charges framed.  Also it is now the ripe time because you have recently obtained the AB as well.

Rajesh Anand (Trainee)     08 December 2013

Thanks Kalaiselvan Sir.

There is delay in getting FIR certified copy so applying for FIR quash got delayed. Unfortunately this lost time cannot be recovered.

Luckily I came to know that even the chargesheet is not filed until now.

I am in a different state from where this FIR is filed (FIR filed in AP), so how will I know online if a Chargesheet is filed? Is there a website from where I could gather this status?

rajendra (na)     08 December 2013

where the FIR registered ?

If its registered in district head quarters i can tell you whether charge sheet filed or not......

give me your details

FIR number:

Police station:

city:

district:

your full  name:

Even my charge sheet filed 4days before but i didn't received summons..i came to now by searching it

Rajesh Anand (Trainee)     12 December 2013

Rajendra,

I tried extracting the case status from below link:

https://apstatepolice.org/APPW/jsp/csAction.do?method=getUnitsForDit

But I am getting below message when I entire all details in above link:

"FIR number XXX/2013 is not yet registered in this police station". 

In case there is a different link for tracing Case status and Chargesheet status please share it with me.

Cheers! Anand

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register