IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

JJ (salesman)     01 August 2013

498a,dv and 125ipc

hello members,

I read a lot of queries here. I am an accused of 498a and dv. I had desrted my wife in the beginning of this year. i live abroad but my parents are in india.i fear to go india as there is NBW against me n my brother.My parents got AB from HC. what shud i do? pls help


 8 Replies

Adv. Nikhil Seth (legal consultant (9867264707))     01 August 2013

if you dont appear case shall go aginst you in both the matters . Its better  to appear and take bail from session court . NBW against you file for  anticipatory bail. Dont worry in 498 -A   cases  Anticipatorry bail is the best option to apply. 



Mumbai .

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     01 August 2013

if you do not appear the case will become more complicated so before coming to india first contact your local lawyer and explain the case and also try to get two surities and take Anti cipatory bail and appear in the court and take permission to leave for the job 


I do agree with the views of Mr. K. Mahesh. 

srk (Service)     01 August 2013

i dont want to discourage you not to goback to India, but there will be a lot of hassel once you step in India. you will be a gold mine especially to the cops and lawyers, everyone will ask money based on $, i do agree with other learned members who replied earlier but your in-laws can file cases once you land there so that your cannot go abroad atleast for a couple of months. As i am facing these issue right now. depends on how your in-laws are and how your lawyer is

If you are in United States then try to get in touch with me so that we can discuss this properly.

JJ (salesman)     04 August 2013

frankly speaking i had beaten my wife ...gussa aa hee jata hai then i deserted her to india but she dont have any proofs against me..is it possible that i remain abroad and case gets solved.if i dont appear wat will happen,i or any of my family members never appeared for any trial

ashoksrivastava (scientist)     04 August 2013

Request her for MCD and pay her just compensation ,mutually agreed upon. All the cases can be with drawn after that.



JJ (salesman)     04 August 2013

i am not able to contact her, as i dont have her cell number.my question is

if i dont appear and dont cum back to india wat is wrong in that, no law can discard me from abroad to india in matrimonial cases whether 498a, dv or 125 ipc.

the cases will run as usual summons will arrive and finally all will get tired and nothing will happen to me.i will change my parents city in india.take a new house in another city, what is the harm in that?

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     06 August 2013

Yes, if you want to tire the other party this strategy might work. But what if they start putting pressure on your parents.


Also, in such cases, you should plan never to come back to India.



Shonee Kapoor

Yahoogroups: https://groups.yahoo.com/group/sahodar 

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query