LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

498a:chances of conviction

498A examination phase is over in the last week due to request of my wife personally.She came and spoke some thing to Judge with a small drama in which a police and Bench clark played a minor role  where she is the lead.Ours is a love marriage and just stayed for 30 days together.She turned out to her parents and file case after 2yrs of marriage.Judge asked me if have done any harassment for which i said  "No".and a very short date has been 5th July.

What is the next step after Examination?I mean what can i expect on 5th july?

What are the chances of conviction in my case where it is intercaste love marriage and have not taken a  single rupee from her  as dowry?

Learning

4 Replies

farhat sayed (NA)     25 June 2012

As she has filed a case after sucha long time if the judge has not been bribed then there is only going to be one outcome your aquittal. As complaint should be filed withi 24 hours of offence committed and here its different scenario. It all also depends what proofs has she produced before court i dont think she might have been able to produce any and if it is so then just relax mostly judges know that its todays business of many woman to marry and the earn money through such stupid laws made by man to screw a man. Just remember try to get divorce when you get aquitted which i hope you will on the grounds of adultry thoug it is difficult to prove so that when you file for divorce your wife should not be able to claim heavy compensation and i believe you wot be interested in staying with your wife any more.

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     25 June 2012

It is not very clear whether it is the girl's evidence is what your are talking about or accused's examination u/s 313 CrPC after prosecution evidence is over. In the First case as Ld.Ashish said you'd get a chance to demolish her testimony by crossing her. In the former - it is for you to lead defence evidence now. 

Whether this case would lead to conviction or acquittal can't be said without looking at the entire material. 

SRINIVASA PRASAD Warangal A.P (LEGAL PRACTIONER )     25 June 2012

If have evidence that ur wife left u and turned out to her parental house with out a valid reason and filed a case after long delay go for quash the complaint before the examination.

Good luck

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register