498a case after exparte divorce

Hi Team,

I am an NRI .I recently gotto know from that my husband got remarried in India without my notice.

On enquiring,I gotto know that he took an exparte divorce on ground of dessertion and cruelty way back in Jan 2015.After knowing it ,I have filed a case to set aside my divorce and also restored my DV act case.But ,after reading through exparte order ,I gotto know that my husband mentioned that I filed a false 498a case on him in paticular police station.After enquiring ,I have been notified that there was no case filed by me .

Now ,I want to know ,if its possible for me to file a 498a case against him in 2018?



You cant file 498a after divorce. It is also unwise to do it. Move on with your life.

Are you a lawyer?Just need answer in legal terms..no moral policing.Thanks


There is no bar in filing a 498 case after ex parte divorce degree has been granted by the court.

So, you can go ahead
For any other queries feel free to contact me at isidjain1@gmail.com



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Join the MasterClass     |    x