LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajay (none)     05 August 2021

498a at final arguments & court is trying to settle the case

Respected sir/mam,  I along with my parents were booked in 498a in 2014 by wife. The case is at final argument stage however the court is trying to settle the matter before decision.  (Prosecution Evidence and Defense Evidence as well as Cross examination, all done). The judge has said multiple time that the complaint might go to high court, supreme court in future so I should settle the matter... My wife (employed and earning upto 50k/mo) wants me to give her 3 lakhs & 5 k monthly expense to kid or take kid and do not pay anything. I too want to get the cases settled the cases however If I take the kid, my wife wants the visiting rights.. & if I do not take the kid, she wants me to pay her 3 lakhs and monthly expense to kid. I'm unemployed due to regular court hearings so I can not pay her 3 lakhs & though I have been paying monthly expense to kid regularly. If I take my kid from her in that situation she wants the visiting rights.....I do not want any trouble for myself and my parents in future so kindly suggest, what should I do?

Learning

3 Replies

ABDUL REHMAN   07 August 2021

Take back the child. u can save alot of time and money

Ajay (none)     08 August 2021

Respected Sir, Thanks for your reply. 

I am  scared and worried about new cases on me and my old parents in future.

If I take my son back, she wants the visiting right (There would be an opportunity for her to file new cases in future)

If I do not take son, the wife wants money and monthly expense for the kid. If there is any delay or If i could not give his expense due to xyz reasons. She will approach court again.

All I want is to get rid of the cases once and for ever & that is only possible if I and my wife never see each other again. 

Advocate Ankur Goel (Lawyer)     09 August 2021

If all stages of case are done then do not settle. 

Let the judgement come. 

Judgement coming in your favour only.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register