LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

naren (Consulltant)     23 April 2012

498a- against sister in law(devrani)

I happen to be one of those unfortunate men who married a psycho woman and are left in the hand of our biased judicial system in India. The marriage was based on lies by them about education, physical health etc. We had many fights because of various wrongdoings by her and none of them was on provocation of my family. In 9 months of stay together, we stayed 3 months at my home in India wid my elder brother and his wife and rest in gulf where i work. She did various stupid things including allegation on me that I have illicit relationship with my bhabhi. She is at her parents house for last 5 months and we are expecting various false cases anytime now.

My specific question here is Can my Bhabhi file 498a, DV against my wife for illtreatment. As she(my wife) humilated my bhabhi many a times and also the allegation of affair with me. 


 5 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     23 April 2012

Yes. She can.  But in DV what relief she wants?

naren (Consulltant)     23 April 2012

Currently my wife is at her parent's house and I am in gulf where i work and my brother & bhabhi at our home in delhi so I don't think that my bhabhi can ask for any relief.

My thinking was that when my wife will file various cases and not just against me but my brother and bhabhi, maybe if there is already a complaint by my bhabhi, it might help in proving that allegation by my wife are false

Deepak Nair (lawyer)     23 April 2012

Yes. She can file the complaints against your wife.

manish (cdsdfasd sdf)     23 April 2012

i dont think your bhabhi can file 498a against your wife.. as far as DV is concerned, you can try but there are only  few succesful cases wherein womem file dv against other women

naren (Consulltant)     24 April 2012

@Manish, As far as I know a women can file these cases against her in-laws including MIL, SIL(Jethani & Nand both) so I guess cases can be filed by my bhabhi against her.


My concern is whether such a move (Complaint by my bhabhi against my wife) will be helpful in future whenever my wife files all such cases against me and my family.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads