LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shailesh shukla (none)     07 June 2012


Dear Friend,

I have the below question;

My wife has filed 498A against me and the case is on. Now she has threateaned me that she is going to file for Maintenance.

I need your help and advice on the below please:


1) My wife is working and earning. She is from well to do family.

2) I am studying in full time education at the moment in UK.
 I work part time as there is restriction on my VIsa as per the UK visa rules. The students can only work part time and that to only up to 20 hours.

Please help me and advice me on this.


Can she still expect me to support her when she is working full time and I dont even have a job here.
What are my options ?


Thanking you all in anticipation,


Kind Regards


 5 Replies

498A Missile (Engineer)     07 June 2012


1. Save your parents, brothers & sisters from 498A by getting AB.

2. Gather her working details (Resume, PF & Bank details) through RTI.

3. She can't claim maintenance from you because she is working and you are studying.

4. Wait and watch her activities (like 498A, DV cases). Don't get frustrated. Collect all the proofs through RTI.

5. Record everything of her and her relatives. Don't tell anyone that you are gathering the proofs.

6. Concentrate on you studies.

Please provide your marriage and separation details.

manish (cdsdfasd sdf)     08 June 2012

why cant u tell her that you will file maintenance against hr as you dont have a job and she has. Anothe rpoint is gather her proof of working. let her file maintenance. if she writes in her affidavit that she isnt working and you can show the court that she is lying then she will lose the case. Moreover as she is working and you are not, she is not entitled to maintenance.

**Victim** (job)     15 June 2012

@ Shailesh i have already advised you don't get panic the best you can do for yourself is wait and watch

AIMWA Activist (Manager)     06 July 2012

If in UK, (assuming London), move to Greater London, pick up a Polish girlfriend and live happily ever after.

Seriously, if in UK on student visa, take a Post-Study work visa and move people to UK. Do not apply for AB if in Chennai.

If going back to India, speak to Suresh Ram at, for help and advice. Do not trust lawyers. If going to a lawyer, do not say you are based in UK. They will make life hell for you & bleed you to the grave. Get in touch with helpline. It is free and victim-supported. Contact your local helpline.

DO NOT APPLY FOR AB. This is a ploy by lawyers, police & your wife to extract more money out of you.

AIMWA Activist (Manager)     06 July 2012

Also more importantly, in most states, there is a order issued by police officials NOT to arrest anyone for 498A and matrimonial offences. Which state/ place are you from? Call me on 07785390321 - I am based in London.

Look at the attached guide (it needs updation on latest court orders).  You may have to file RCR...

Attached File : 788258187 498asurvivalguide.pdf downloaded: 123 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads