LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ambycabin   10 September 2016

498a, 41 crpc intimation

I have a notice bail of 72 hrs. I want to understand how police intimate the accussed about FIR Registration under 498a? Fo they just call or They send a letter officially? Of they just call , then how Can we approach High Court for further procedures of Quashing or stay? In the bail order its mentioned that "Investigation Officer of the concerned police station is ordered to inform the accussed 72 hrs before the event of arrest.

Learning

2 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     10 September 2016

Autohide4u has rightly advised you.

You need not to move to wait for any notice from police you should immiditaely move to session court for anticipatory bail when your Mrs 498a report an fir against you in the police station.

Ambycabin   10 September 2016

Thanks Autohide Sachin and Ramesh for replies.

Much appreciate you people sharing this valuable and genuine information on forum.

@ Sachin, I moved the session court immediately after i receive a legal notice from my wife thorugh advocate, stating that she have given an application in front of CAW Cell, But Anticipatory bail was not given, instead a 72 hrs Notice Bail was granted because PP objected saying Offence is yet not registered !
Also I had filed an RTI application to DSP of the district few dates after first date of CAW Cell (18 July)to sahre the complete details of the complaint filed by my wife VIA SPEED POST. But SP replied to me in a letter In which I was marked as CC and it was targeted to CAW cell asking to share the required information in which Letter was dated on 18th July which is not possible becuase I asked for Information under RTI few dates after 18th (not sure but it was 20/21th July).The letter was not sent by SPEED POST even though I had requested via speed post. On 18th July I received next date of 23 August, But I received a letter dated 8th Aug received by me on 26 August from SP saying that The requied information is of 7 pages and some money order amount need to be paid for obtaining details and if its not received in 7 working days then it will be assumed that you are not interested in obtainining the information,and the RTI application will be considered cancelled! So I wrote a letter to SP mentioning facts that the letter was received late by me and I enclosed Money order copy and  2nd SP letter copy( intimating to pay amount). I really dont understand here whats going on , Whether they want to give information or not? Its getting delayed..

@ Ramesh , CAW cell Called me thorugh phone call to confirm but before that a person from my local police station visited my house to inform that they have received a wireless message to inform us to be present in front of CAW Cell on so and so date.The thing is I have 2 Notice Bail , one for my local police station and one for PS of my wife's area. How much impact this would have on police following morals and Procedure ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register