Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

498a

Page no : 2

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     15 February 2011

In fine. I can only request the Admin, to take note  of the like of Meena Bahadur, in the forum.

(Guest)

Dear Assumi ji & Shailendra prasad ji,

You have totally misunderstood me.

Why on earth will I defame lawyers here,when this website is giving me the space to express myself,and also learn about Indian laws?

When I said to Mr. Bruce,  "that he'll be answered by untrained people who act like lawyers" ,I was referring to NON-LAWYER members of LCI,ie,those who are not qualified in law,yet come and give legal advices,like Avnish,Arup,etc.

Sirs, you may have also read that I asked Mr. Bruce to get answers in expert section,since HE WILL ONLY BE REPLIED BY QUALIFIED LAWYERS, like both of you...

I wanted Mr. Bruce to get only proper legal advice,not any wrong misleading advice,as he may not know anything about Indian laws.So in concern I asked him to visit only experts section,so that he is not mislead by "NON LEGAL MEMBERS".

If I had anything against lawyers of LCI,I would have been defaming them everywhere in all my posts,which you may check anytime,to judge.

I hope I have succeeded in making myself clear.

Have a good day!!

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     15 February 2011

Meenal bahadur, be clear in your post otherwise there will be more complications in the forum. Please note that LCI members are contributing at their own expense without excpecting anything in return, so try to eschewed any adverse remarks on  LCI members.I have deep respect to all the LCI members, irrespective of right or wrong answers, so keep going in good spirit with all the LCI members. can you point out in India where free legal sercvices is given in india fom local to Global level? Ofcourse it is LCI? and who is paying the expense of LCI members? Meenal, look before you leap.

(Guest)

@ Mr. Assumi,

You are using very severe words like "defamation",as if I'm defaming LCI members in some media.

From your posts it had appeared that you took my words,as though I'm mocking at LCI lawyers.However I have already clarified my stand on this,that it was your misunderstanding.

Secondly,I admit I was quite sarcastic in my tone,which I should have avoided.

However this is also the result of some past happenings here.For example:Non-legal members advising male newcomers here,who are seeking advice,to have live in relations,desert the wife,dirty tricks to avoid maintenance,which may further put their lives into jeopardy.

As a result there have been major forum fights here as recently some members opposed wrong advices given to newcomers,which can ruin their life furher.You must have also read these protests that have happened recently,coming from Rajeev Singh,Komal Khurana,Ambika,etc.

Even lawyers like Mr. Prabhakar,Mr. Shubham Kumar,Rajeev Singh,etc were of the same view as mine,that wrong advices to newcomers is pollutiing the forum,rather tarnishing LCI's image.I am not opposing non-lawyers advising newcomers.They have all the freedom and right to do so.I am only opposing MISLEADING advices,which have also been opposed these 3 lawyers also.

I was afraid this thread will again become a place for settling personal scores,personal attacks and again misleading advices to a foreigner who may be totally naive about Indian laws.And he may end up taking wrong steps,or perhaps get confused.If he was an Indian resident,he would have somehow got information from here and there,as Indians have atleast some idea about men's rights in Ijndia,which he may not have at all.So before any misleading starts here,I directed him to post in Experts column.

Nevertheless I admit I should have avoided sarcasm,for which I apologize once again

Wish you and your family a good day!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register