Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sreenivas V (S/W)     24 June 2012

498a - 139 statements

Dear Members

I have been facing 498A since 4 yrs and now the police statements recorded in court. Now turn came to us and give 139 statements in court. Once the statements are given the next step I am hearing from some is that will be arguments by my lawyer and public prosecutor for girl side. After that it will be judgement.

Mt lawyer also said same before. Now he is telling that there is a possibilty that after we give statements the PP can again produce new evidence and after that again we have to go to court to give 139 statements. Is this true and is there chances to happen like this.

Learning

1 Replies

farhat sayed (NA)     24 June 2012

My friend many things that are not in book of Law happens in court for you main concern has to be 498a because it also involves your family as far as 139a is concerned i guess yo might be the party only. Get one thing straight its not easy to prove 498a unless your lawyer has sound knowledge of Law. secondly the girl has to collapse because such cases even go on for 15 years thank you to our legal system. Of course as far as producing new evidences are concerned it can be possible but its up to your lawyer and of course discretion of judge to admitt it or not? your lawyer should try to convince the judge not to admitt such new evidences. Hope you come out of it Good luck

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register