LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

R.manavalan (Student)     04 January 2010

498A

Dear sir/mam, nowadays our indian wives and their family tortured their husbands in the name of dowry. otherside women asking thier equalrights. really indian husbands lose their freedom and boldness.

my doubt is given below.

one man tortured and threatened by his wife thru the dowry act. he decided to get sanyasam and left the house. finelly he settled in kasi and varanasi temples. he has no money to settle her. he also a begger. now he is a freedomful man. which act or law enforce him to return back to the family. if anybody founday violation of law in this matter kindly clear my doubt. thanking you for all.

Learning

4 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     04 January 2010

law does not stops any person to stay with his family....as far as dowry allegations are concerned, there are both true and false cases in Indian Society.

unfortunately this law has been misused to a larger extent, but I am also aware of certain cases where in genuine cases the females have got nothing out of it.

already a lot has been discussed about this problem, but the ultimate authority lies with the legislative bodies to decide the structure of law required for the society.

the solution lies with the society itself, in fact we have been swayed by the luxuries....the day we will be able to consider the improtance of a human being most of such disputes will come to an end.

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     04 January 2010

A husband even if he has become a sanyasi but still he has liability towards his wife and he cannot refuse to maintain her. Why had he married had he not been able to maintain her?

Had he become sanyasi why after eating the fruits of a married life????????

There is no law to exonerate him from his legal liabilities towards his wife and children and even he is liable to be tried under the law of land.

sunil pagare (lawyer)     04 January 2010

Rajkumarji is right , husband cant escpe from his liablity it is his duty to maintain his wife childern & his parent.If any legal proceeding is pending aginst the any person he has to face the trial & if he abscond the trial will pending . Court  will take proper step as per Cr.p.c to secure his presence b4 it.( Kanoon ke haath bahot lambe hote hai)

shrikant chede (law officer)     05 January 2010

i do agree with Mr sunil &Makkad saheb

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register