LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

farhat sayed (NA)     21 March 2011

498 A IPC

Is it possible to apply fr quashing the 498A complaint on the grounds that it has not been filed in the area which ha dthe jurisdiction.


 5 Replies

prashant pundhir (Criminal Lawyer)     21 March 2011

The proper jurisdiction is always must for every criminal case . If the jurisdiction is not proper,definetly have the rite to go for quashing the fir .

Legal Fighter (Advocate)     21 March 2011

yes.. u can approach HC.


it is not possible normally to succeed in changing jurisdiction the FIR is registered by writing any incident that may be false but as that occured in the area where it is registered else the police station would not have a right to register the FIR. Its difficult to prove that if that incident did not occur.

Bhupender Singh-09466371020 (Lawyer)     22 March 2011

Yes this is the vailid ground for the queshment of 498 Of IPC  u can move application for queshment on the jurisdiction ground if you not get the proper relief then you can move to appeal in session or HC whichever is applicable.


For further query feel free contact at: 9466371020.

mangal (advocate)     22 March 2011

i agree with prashant pundhir. court can't proceed without jurisdiction

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register