LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prabhat Choudhary (Marketing )     20 April 2012

498 a false case

i worried about about my wife filing a a fake case of 498a case against me and my family , about 5 days ago my wife went missing from my house , we searched her a lot finally she was found in our neighbours house , she told our neighbours that my mother is torturing her , and she called her brother to take her back to home , her brother took her back home threting us that he will kill me and my family , and also thretend us saying i shud leave my family and reside with my wife and get seperated from my family , its not been a year to my marraige , now they r thretning us that if i dont get seperated they file a 498 a case against me , i am not even sure that my wife is 18 yet , and these people are blakmailing us , my wife also has a worst backgroud , so does her family , we are a reputed family in society , we stay in bangalore i have done my degree and she is 10th fail , i dint have any problem with that , as i wanted a girl who respects family , but now she is trying to spoil my family i am the only son , and i am too much worried about my parents , i dont care what happens to me , but if my family is hurt , i donno what i shud do , with all the cases i have studied of 498 a false cases i see that our indian constitution always supports girls family , so shall i commit a suicide and get my family safe ,

Learning

7 Replies

Vishwa (translator)     20 April 2012

Dear Prabhat,

Do not get too upset, these things happen to the best of us in our society today. If a 498-A case is filed, you are almost likely to be arrested even though nowadays the family members are spared except in extreme cases. Try to arrange for bail, persons owning property, vehicle etc. Jail is not so bad, you meet interesting people, like ministers, chief ministers etc. Keep enough beedis, tobacco products etc that you can barter.

The very purpose of threatening you is to create panic but if you keep calm, this aim is defeated. First round, Prabhat wins!

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     20 April 2012

Dear Prabhat,

NO No No Prabhat,don't get excited and dejected.Life is a precious jewel sent into this beautiful world by the almighty.You don't have a right to destroy it unless demanded by God.

As per your query,it is understood that your wife was a minor when your marriage took place.Take care of that aspect.Engage a competent lawyer as see that you get acquited.Visit www.498a.org and you will find thousands of 498a victims there.Anyway just concentrate on the case for gathering merits.

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     20 April 2012

Yours is not marriage at all in the eyes of law because she is a minor.  How 498a is applicable for you?

tarun (software engineer)     20 April 2012

Join the debate on 498a :

:"Is 498A Of The Indian Penal Code Anti-Social?"

https://legalservices.co.in/m/debate/view/Is-498A-of-the-Indian-Penal-Code-Anti-Social

Ranee....... (NA)     20 April 2012

Dear Prabhat, is your marriage love marriage or arranged one?Did you not know your brides educational qualification and age at the time of marriage?

If your bro-in law/wife's allegations are wrong and false why you have not complained in police station yet for threatning?Anyway suicide is not the solution.I dont think without any reason your wife will go out of your home and take shelter in neighbours house.Explain the full story.

cm jain sir (ccc)     20 April 2012

There are lot of people who are facing 498a so face it like a brave!

why u r so much afraid!

Let her file any case if she doesnot want to live amicably. Face it like a brave person.

Falsity has no place and u will be winner at last.

Vishwa has told u correctly , there are lot of VIPs in jail including innocent person of false 498a case. This is the last to happen.

There are lot of ways to prevent the arrest.

join 498a forum and sif.

visit sif chapter at your place. It will guide you how to fight these cases.

Dont ever think of taking ur life for this silly matter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register