LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sreerag m   23 January 2022

420 time period

can I file 420 aginst a person who cheated me 12 years ago, is there any time limit

 2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     24 January 2022

The exact date you got knowledge of such cheating and reasons for keeping quiet for 12 years are material facts to be studied by a local advocate for properly guiding you for a remedy if any.

Aryan Raj   24 January 2022

In response to your query,

The Indian Limitation Act does not stipulate a time restriction for criminal cases. In criminal instances, however, a delay in filing a complaint against the perpetrator has negative consequences. It is the court only which can decide the time limit, if required. Therefore with proper legal procedure you can file the case even after 12 years.


Aryan Raj 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query