LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jasud Babasaheb (owner)     11 May 2022

420 criminal

I hv filed police complaint against XYZ person who has taken power of attorney and agreement to sale deed of my agricultural land in Maharashtra to remove MIDC charge from 7/12 mutation….

while agreement property amount was decided and he paid me 50% of property value and rest he was suppose to pay after remove of MIDC charge and later sale deed. But in spite of removing the MIDC charge, within one month of power of attorney, he himself sale the land and later he sale to more than 100 people.. 

after a year MIDC itself remove the charges from 7/12, then when i went to ask further payment and make the sale deed, that time i cam to know the above story . Yet he didn’t pay my balance payment too.

then i file police complaint against him for cheating of me 

can someone help me, as police says its civil case and not criminal



 2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     12 May 2022

Section 420 in The Indian Penal Code

420. Cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property.—Whoever cheats and thereby dishonestly induces the person de­ceived to deliver any property to any person, or to make, alter or destroy the whole or any part of a valuable security, or anything which is signed or sealed, and which is capable of being converted into a valuable security, shall be punished with imprisonment of either descripttion for a term which may extend to seven years, and shall also be liable to fine.

Did you find any thing worth booking under the provision of section 420 IPC ?


Therefore, it is a civil case as advised by police authorities.

Puneet singh   14 May 2022

its criminal case. many more sections matter whats consequence of case, like 467, 468, 471, 419, 420 ipc

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query