Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kalyan Reddy (Manager - Fabric sourcing)     18 December 2015

4 year 11 months 15 days is eligible for gratuity ???

Hi. My joining date in previous company was 1st Dec.2010 and i left on 11th Nov.2015. (may be 3-4 days as loss of pay). Also it was 6 days working in a week. Could you pls check and confirm whether i am eligible for Gratuity as my employer was saying "NO" for gratuity. If i am eligible, what is the way to fight and could you pls explain me the procedure for that. Thanks.

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 December 2015

If leave application is submitted and you have acknowledgment and it is not declined in writing to you/or approved, it is counted in period of service.

If you have worked for 4Y8M, you are eligible. Saying,asking,telling etc are all verbal mode of communication and are difficult to prove.

You may submit a gentle communication addressed to good offices of appointing authority,MD narrating all previous representations (mention names/dates) and conclude that 'Notice of Determination of Gratuity' and payment of Gratuity has not been supplied to you till date and is delayed.

You may add that FormI is attached.

Submit everything under proper acknowledgment.

You are eligible for interest on delayed period @10%pa.

If you are unable to resolve lean on your able labor law consultant.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     14 August 2016

You are eleigible to claim gratuity if in all these more than 4 years work at any  time you've continuously worked for a period o f 240 days or  190 day  including holidayss in the preceding year of leaving the organization.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 August 2016

Hopy your matter is resolved.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register