LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Praveen Kumar (Not working)     21 March 2012

2nd motion

what can husband do if wife unnecessarily delays 2nd motion? On 1st motion the agreed amount was paid and 1st motion was accepted

Learning

3 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     21 March 2012

Nobody can force her to expediate - she can withdraw her consent, however you have the option of filing for divorce on ground of cruelty -pocketing money without giving divorce - when agreed to is also cruelty

Praveen Kumar (Not working)     21 March 2012

she can withdraw consent but she has not withdrawn by now

my mother is battling death due to last stage cancer. she had left me prior to that. she was not talking about divorce till then but only for maintenance but afte my mother was diagnosed she started negotiating for alimony for divorce knowing the financial condition as well as knowing that there's noone at home to take care of her. In my views this means person has willfully left someone to die a bitter death whereas by some care the person could have lived a bit longer and peacefully.

Is there any provision wherein I can file any suits against her after divorce based on my mother

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     23 March 2012

There are instances, when the consideration was paid and the higher courts have granted divorce on these grounds.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register