LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Venkat (Prop)     21 May 2011

2nd Marriage without divoirce

Sir, I need an urgnet help. I had my 2nd marriage after getting the proper divoirce from the court. The girl i married is also its her 2nd marriage but she has not taken proper divoirce from court. Although we got married in temple and yet to register the same. I want to know legallity of this situation. Please help me. Thanks in advance.

Venkat

Learning

4 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     21 May 2011

Since your wife is not properly divorced it is a void marriage and further your wife's first husband may file a complaint of adultery against you.

Advocate M.Bhadra   21 May 2011

Your second marriage is voidale marriage since your second wife did not got decree of divorce ,if the  husband of your second wife would lodge a complain on audaltary gorund  you have to face the trouble,orherwise or un-challenged matter would not  be problem.

niranjan (civil practice)     21 May 2011

Surely it is void marriage under sec.11,however you may take re course of customary divorce if you have to confront.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     19 November 2011

either your so called wife goes to jail on the charge of bigamy or you go to jail for adultery. You are at thte mercy of her original husband. if your so called wife turns hostile things can be worse. If you register the so called marriage your fate is sealed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register