Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deep Juneja   17 April 2016

24 hma order valid for 1 year???

Ld experts,

Pl. advise me on the following.

I filed a case with RCR u/sec 9 HMA against my wife. She replied with an application u/sec 24 HMA.

She was granted interim maintenance by the Civil Judge Senior Division.

One year is over and I paid the maintenance arrears for 1 year.  Now she started demanding arrears as the time passed above 1 year. 

Lately, I read on this forum that the interim maintenance order is valid for a period of 1 year only and wife has to freshly apply for the new maintenance order, and husband has to contest it and comply the new order, if any.

Please confirm me whether this procedure is valid for 24 HMA interim maintenance order.  I emphasize 24 HMA. Please do not answer me anything valid for 125 CRPC.

Kindly bring to my attention if any Bombay HC or SC judgement which state the above procedure which mandates wife to freshly apply for a new maintenance order post expiry of the 1 year of the previous maintenance order.

Thank you

Deep

Learning

2 Replies

Sidharth   17 April 2016

Maintenance granted u/s 24 of HMA is valid till disposal of case filed by you. 

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     18 April 2016

you h filed RCR n taking objection to her aintenance so your fake love will come out.  I think you hv filed RCR without any intn , if it is so, withdraw it immdtly n fle divorce petitionn the grounds of desertion cruelty

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register