Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

17 year girl nd 19 yr boy can marry???

Page no : 2

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     02 April 2009

Dear Mr. Prabhat, since when was the enhancement of imprisonment from 15 days to 2 years and fine of one thousand to one lakh been amended?

Let them pay the fine and live happily for ever, why should the law put wall between them?

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     02 April 2009

Dear All.

To my understanding, the set-up composed of Step-Parents, Under-Age Girl, Domestic Violence by step-parents, Rich under age Girl, Under aged Boy, under-age marriage etc...   IT LOOKS LIKE A MOVIE PLOT.

All these years the under age Girl never thought of running away from home or marrying or etc...   ONLY when the question of under age marriage comes, does all the fiction crop up.  Strange Movie plot set-up.

Kindly note that the parents (step-parents) are the legal custodian of the under age Girl child and have got complete right and control over the child, sans the violence.  Also note that the legal guardians are entitled to punish the child, in a manner they consider it proper and the law does not have control over it, which covers and is within the parameters of maintaining discipline, honour, protection and security of the child, for social and moral reasons.

The law cannot take away the child from the custodian (the step-parents) and even if the child runs away, the law will have to hand over the child back to the parents or send the child to the juvenile home or the childrens home.

Keep Smiling ... Hemant Agarwal

Mohit Attri (lawyer)     02 April 2009

thanx a lot my dear friends

everyone hav given thr own views.but still i m confused.mr aggarwal accrding to u thr is no remedy to the girl to whom the step parents threating continously.

i m little agree with mr prahbat

thank u ritu ji .u r views  r also acceptable.

thank u very much all friends.........and plz reply if anyone hv any another idea

with regards

Mohit Attri

Prabhat Kumar (Advocate)     06 April 2009

Dear Mr. N.K. Assumi

Whatever I said the same is based upon Section 18 of the HINDU MARRIAGE ACT. I will be obliged if you tell me the source of your information.  Please refer the section and the source of the law catagorically so that I may be enlightened.

Regards

Prabhat Kumar, Advocate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register