164 statement certified copy

i have recorded my statement under 164 crpc , but then some clerical mistake i requested to make correction on the same day, magistrate gave me blank paper and said u write in your own handwritting and give . I did that then I am still waiting for my signature to be taken on printed format of my handwritten complaint its about one year . and accused trail had started . When i filed for 164 statement certified copy the same judge denied saying its confidential ? now when i will be called upon for cross examination then what i will do? because police statement was partially recorded and so i requested to record in 164 crpc. now when judge is not saying anything what i should do to get my certifed copy of the statement?

Lawyer

You have a right to obtain certified copy of the statement made by you, apply as per rule of High Court through your (or anyother local) lawyer.

Sapna Sandhu: lots of people think that statement under section 164 Cr PC before a Magistrate is the final and admissible evidence, but in fact it is not, because the admissible evidence is, what comes out after the cross-examination of the witness in the Trial Court. Statement under section 164 Cr PC may be good for the police or the prosecution to pat their back, but it has no evidentiary value. However, you ought to have not signed on the blank sheet, even if you have done it due to coercion under the impression of him being the Magistrate. Now that Magistrate may misuse of your signed blank sheet to alter, amend or correction to your original statement. You may apply for the copy of your statement under section 164 Cr PC for your record.

Om prakash thatnis what i want to ask judge is rejecting me from.giving me the copy of my own statement written by me i applied for certified she rejected . Now i am.also having doubt that she may missue that copy but in fact my statement should be signed by me . And one copy given to me .

Then, should you spend between at least Rs. 20-30 thousands in the H.C. for a useless paper? Mam, choice is yours.

Useless paper is for u .. That is my incident statement u should not say any paper as useless did u get that?

Are u a lawyer ? and if no then kindly stay away from giving me these useless advise mr om prkash

Sapna Sandhu, at least, I have addressed you with respect as 'Mam, choice is yours', and you have rightly meant that it is a valuable paper for you, then why such frustration. But please don't forget that since you have signed on a blank sheet, that's why you yourself have made your statement under section 164 Cr PC a.............. However still I have no ill feeling towards a stranger. Thanks.

Total likes : 1 times

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

LAWyersclubindia Menu