138 due to bank fault

saving account holder have enough money in their account and issued a cheque.bank deduct EMI of someone else without informing the account holder. said cheque bounced.got legal notice from party. try to convince that due to bank fault cheque got bounced, but in vain. paery filed a case against account holder. account holder satteled the matter out of court with compensation like party lawyer fees, interest, cheque amount , misc expenses and a extra amount to end the matter.
Now can account holder sue the bank for their fault and faced criminal case without his fault?

Hello Sir, 

Definitely yes you can file a suit against the bank asking for compensation for the amount of harassment you've. faced 


Y he compromised with party.if he challenged the bank has to lead evidence before court.if sufficient funds was there they were guilty and court was imposing fine.for there negligence.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x