Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

suffering (jj)     06 February 2018

125crpc maintenance

Hi I got terminated from my job 1.5 years back.and in 125 crpc during cross examination I told the court that by with termination benefit of 30 lakhs I am maintaining myself my old age parents and my son. I can not maintain my wife who is earning salary of 33500Rs per month. I gave her maintenance from 2009 to 2016 till I had job. Without my having any monthly income i am still maintaining my son who is in her custody. are there chances court still award her maintenance? Being jobless since last 1.5 years I am already facing problems. I am able to give materialistic evidences to the court about my parents sickness my son's school fees receipts his other expenditures. I am also able to prove I am searching for job.


 6 Replies

Chinese Chef (Integration Architect)     06 February 2018

File application U/s 127 of CrPC for change of circumstances. You will be able to get relief.

suffering (jj)     06 February 2018

Hi 125 crpc is going to be decided in arguments. My 127crpc application will also be decided on it.

Sachin (N.A)     06 February 2018

If you have evidence that she is earning then court will not order maintenace for her, your wife should share the expenses of child with you.

Rvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv (serice)     07 February 2018

When wife is employed and Husband is unemployed , husbaned can seek maiantenace from Wife, Also use CrPc 127

Rishi kumar   07 February 2018


Instead of saying that you are jobless, you should have found out a job that pays at least 9 or 10 k. Give a proof of your working and lo behold, court will consider your present salary. I think that works out better than saying I am jobless. They'd will not call your employer if you are earning low. Ask your provision store wallah to give you a job for the present. because court does not like a person who is unemployed. Because  some law says husband has to maintain wife by begging or borrowing. So do exactly that. Try not to pay much to a greedy and guilty wife. She will wage a long battle with your own money.

i have not understood why court believes blindly when wife says she is unemployed and won't believe husband even if  he is really unemployed.

Sachin (N.A)     09 February 2018

Agreed with Rishi Kumar.


Find a job with less salary instead of claiming unemployment,

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query