LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pravin G   07 April 2019

125 maintenance recovery

hello all

my querry is... I'm not paid total maintenance from 3years now .. now x wife sent notice to pay 1lac arrears..

if I not pay maintenance they will send me behind bars..

my question is for how many days they will send behind bars


 2 Replies

Rashi Chandok   07 April 2019

Hello Sir, 

If the husband fails to comply with maintenance order the court can pass an arrest warrant against the husband.

Further, the court can attach husbands property and can recover the amount from husband property.

If the person does not pay maintenance even after the warrant is executed, the person is liable to imprisonment for a maximum of 1 month or until the amount is paid, whichever is earlier.

1 Like

Pravin G   08 April 2019

what if husband not have any type of property?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query