LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jasvinder Singh (Security)     03 October 2010

12 Hours Duty By Security Guards

I have filed a complaint with the labour commissioner Bangalore against a top builder of Bangalore and its 9 security service providers for :

1. Making security personnel work for 12 hours duty per day, 30 days a month

2. Not paying minimum wages nor double overtime for duty performed

3. Not paying any other benefit to security guards such as bonus, free uniform and leave salary as mandated by the Karnataka Government.

4. Not paying the security personnel on time which is the 7th of every month.

The contention of the builder whose HR head is that the agreement entered in to with the security service provider is based on minimum wages. They are paying the security service providers Rs 4000 to Rs 5500 per guard per month.

The costing per guard per month works out to Rs 5832 per guard per month for 8 hours duty(Costing attached ) and if we consider 12 hours per day even on single wages 8748 per guard per month. If double wages are to be considered then it would be at-least Rs 5832 plus 80% as overtime is not applicable for PF and leave bonus etc are not taken in to account. Then this amount would be around Rs 10500 per month per guard based on minimum wages.

Please advise as to how to proceed with this case in the labour court so that the concerned builder does not exploit the poor guards and the security agency complies with all statutory norms. please also let me know if my complaint is legal and valid.

I have also complained to the PSARA licensing authority in Bangalore to cancel the PSARA licenses of these 9 security service providers for reqsons mentioned as above.

Thanks,
Jasvinder Singh

Learning

6 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     04 October 2010

Dear Jasvinder,

Congratulations for taking up the matter with the LabourCommissioner.  Please pursue the matter.  Your point is well taken.  But in the mimimum wages calculation the figure as far as the security guard is concerned is to stop at Rs. 5302/-.  10% commission or service tax etc., is for the security agency.

You are proceeding in a legal manner - All the bests.  Please also post the developments from time to time in this forum for the benefit of all.  There are a large number of persons being exploited by the security agencies.   

RAVINDER SINGH RAGHAV (UDC)     04 October 2010

Dear Jasvinder,

You have brought up a noble cause for common man. Hr heads and security provider harassing the common people and making a huge amount.labour commissioner and other agencies knows facts but become blind as in other cases. keep it up

thanks

rs raghav

RAVINDER SINGH RAGHAV (UDC)     04 October 2010

Dear Jasvinder,

You have brought up a noble cause for common man. Hr heads and security provider harassing the common people and making a huge amount.labour commissioner and other agencies knows facts but become blind as in other cases. keep it up

thanks

rs raghav

Mohd Ilyas Akhter (Officer)     06 August 2011

Dear Jasvinder,

I am very happy to find your cativism in such a noble way also I can relate your case with ours. In my company is doing the same thing. I am in HR and I can see these labour commisioner letting these things haapen. How bring it the notice of higher authority and Vigilance department???

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 August 2011

Dear Jasvinder,

It is appreciable that you are keeping yourself updated on your rights and the rules, laws which protect your rights. As advised by learned Mr. Ramachandran keep on posting the details in the forum.

Appraise your fellow colleagues on their rights and increase awareness. Banglore is a big city and must be having huge strength of security employees. If workable go ahead and form a registered union.

It is believed that your complaint is in conciliation and since you are right and you have lodged a complaint with PSARA licensing authority, you may get relief in conciliation stage.

Shreya   20 September 2016

Hi Jasvinder,

I came across this thread and am very inspired, also curious to know if your complaint was answered?

Thanks,

Shreya.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More