LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tipsy (importer)     23 March 2009

0How to Obtain Caste Certificate in Mumbai for Hindu/Gujarati/Jain ?

How to Obtain Caste Certificate in Mumbai (Ghatkopar) for Hindu/Gujarati/Jain caste

Eligibility /Procedure / Necessary documents/papers  and Concerned Authority

I approaced office of The Suptd ,Old Custom House,  Fort, Mumbai 400 001 they sayJain is religion and not caste and hence the your are not entitled  for the certificate ?
is this true, as i need for my child eduation ? Pl guide


 1 Replies

Shashikant V. Patil (Lawyer)     23 March 2009

It is seen apparently from your question have written a almost a religion and not a caste i.e Hindu and Jain are  a religion and not a caste.  It seems your religion is a Jain.  In Hindu , there are so many upper caste and lower caste covered.   Caste certificates issued  only for lower caste people and not to upper caste people.  As per Hindu Succession act , Jain, Bhudhist also covered under this act.  Caste certificates are issued by the Tehsildar and  SDO i.e Deputy Collector in some cases.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query