Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjay (scientist)     27 October 2009

"consenting witness"

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am buying an apprtment and it come from the Land-owner share. I have  entered e in agreement with Builder .  The land-owner has executed Power of atornery   in favor of builder  . This GPA  is executed in office  and in presence of Notary  and this not register GPA( i mean in sub-registrar office). The builder is ececuting the SALE DEED in the  the same draft ( which he has for his shares) and putiing land-owner as "consenting  witness".

My quetion is ,  Is there any chance of landowners creating problem in future?

thanks

Learning

4 Replies

Deekshitulu.V.S.R (B.Sc, B.L)     28 October 2009

GPA for sale of property is of late a compulsryly registered. Even if the landlord signs as a witness, It is not a safe step.  There are dictum on either side in this regard. Hence better get a direct sale deed from the land-lord or insist for giving a registered GPA

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     28 October 2009

get the GPA registered.

otherwise it is not a safe transaction.

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     28 October 2009

If landowenr can become witness why not vendor? There is a doubt in whole story. it is dangerous to believe upon them.

sanjay (Scientist)     29 October 2009

Originally posted by :sanjay
"

Based on GPA ( the Notary) , new members ( aprox 40) are entering in to the Agreement. The land-owners are selling their portion  through Developer only. And may be for tax purposes or ccost involed in the registered GPA , they didd not go for REGISTER GPA.  As per the sale Agrrement,  bank is giving DD in favor of Builder.  and Land Owner are signig the deed as "CONSENTING WITNESS" .

I would like to know

a>what is meaning of CONSENTING WITNESS  

b> If the CONSENTING WITNESS  bindings are same as CONFORMING parties

Thanks for you advise

"

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register