Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Daksh (Student)     03 February 2010

"Advocates only makes money by advicing wrong

Dear All,

I have come across one untolerable statement from Mr.Vikas at this forum i.e.

"Advocates only makes money by advicing wrong and its their profession."

May I request your view on this.

Best Regards

Daksh

Learning

9 Replies

Rekha..... ( Practicing lawyer(B.Com LL.M in Business law ))     03 February 2010

Intolerable???

Please forgive me if I m wrong n correct me also.

According to me Yes, advocates r doing this kind of Practise but not all advocates even V r doing good practise positive result oriented without fees thats different matter Sir.. 

niranjan (civil practice)     03 February 2010

Why wrong advice only,but we are defending even criminals.

(Guest)

There is no charging pattern for right advice or wrong advice. Advice is an advice however right or wrong it may be. Litigants generally be happy to receive any number of advices free of cost by simply chatting with us wherever we are (even in train, bus, etc.,). But if we charge for our advice then they will expect very correct advices and all our advices should work well for them and must get them all fruits, lest this kind of remarks are made by them.

Daksh (Student)     04 February 2010

Dear All,

First of all I sincerely thank you from bottom of my heart for your comments, observations and bold harsh objective truth. 

As Ms.Rekha has put forth candidly her point of view "but not all advocates even V r doing good practise positive result oriented without fees thats different matter ".

At this point with a view to search for the cause and to know what ought to be done to fix responsibility, I would like to extend to this discussion to the following : -

1      Is it because Bar Council/s and Bar Associations have failed in Regulating the Professional malice responsible for its ills.

2.    What Advocates are doing today is getting reflected about the prevailing norm of the society.

3.    The way forward and the Role of the Seniors to show us the path forward in this regard.

Your valuable inputs are solicited on this very important subject as making general vague motivated statement is one thing and sincerely trying to weed out the wrongs from the Noble profession is another.  As either we are part of the problem or solution.

Thanks and best regards

Daksh

MK (consultant)     04 February 2010

mr. daksh

lawyers, advocates, attorney do what they have, trained,  to do. if as a client one approaches them its upto the client to ensure their request is specific so professional can tend to such requests.

first lady today being from such a profession/practice should aid in weeding out ills. weeds are part of life. we need to chose wisely. Blame games and blamestorming arent productive at home, in the field, at work, even at justice.

tolerance is an essential element of democracy. especially when half the democracy is illiterate, ill informed and misguided. i hope as a student u learn and study to get the big picture but act to specific needs.

Lilly rose (n/a)     06 February 2010

In any profession there are right/wrong persons. An engineer gives right/wrong advice in construction. A doc gives good/bad advice to a patient. Can they be weeded out totally for any wrong advice???????

B K Raghavendra Rao (Senior Advocate)     06 February 2010

If wrong advice is given and the client has incurred loss or damage, he can approach consumer forum for deficient service.  In the legal profession opinion differs from person to person.  But such difference should not be such extent that the position of law should not undergo change in their mouth and affect the justice seeking client.  It is better, advocates are regulated.  But how? Needs to be debated.

Parveen Kr. Aggarwal (Advocate)     07 February 2010

A wrong legal advice may be due to variety of reasons.

Sometimes deliberately wrong advice is given but most of the times the wrong legal advice is due to ignorance of legal provisions and precedents. One of reasons is that before getting enrolment as an advocate the legal education provided is not of such quality as is required to be imparted. Secondly, after getting enrolled most of the freshers are not interested in working hard for learning. Sometimes the freshers don't get proper guidance.

Anyhow, instead of blaming initiative must be taken for reforms.

Earning of money by legal practitioners by malpractices is also a serious matter.

The perception that strict action by Bar Councils/Bar Associations against the wrongdoers will set everything right. Prevention is better than cure. Future Advocates must be taught the lessons of ethics and morality first along with their duties and responsibilities as lawyers.  

The platform of LCI may be utilized by the learned members for making a beginning in the direction.

1 Like

MK (consultant)     07 February 2010

weeding out does not mean weeding out doctors or lawyers. weeding out of  followed procedures, existent practices and applied solutions that do not serve a better end or do not stop what the law or practice actually intends to.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register