LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

priya (student)     05 August 2011

FIR against dad's keep who is threatening to suicide?

how to make an FIR against dad's keep who is threatening to suicide? do i need to have evidence of her threat? i am also thinking restraining order against her...dono ek sath kar skte hain?


 8 Replies

Dipangkar (Business)     05 August 2011

Whom is she threatening sucide ? To your Dad or to you ?

Be careful on your steps, for Your dad too will be dragged into it.

girish shringi (advocate)     05 August 2011

To do the suicide or to attempt it is illegal under the ipc,Hence it is right to inform the related Police Station where she had threatened to do so immediately to save any untoward incidence at the other as stated by Mr.Dipangar the suicide note may drag anyone or all of you in the offence for instigation of otherwise.

Girrish Shringi


1 Like

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     05 August 2011

Mr.Girish is very right.

Go and file the Information application in your police station that somebody threats you for suicide and also send the copy through registered post at his local police station.

Further after police complaint, you can also file restraing order in court so that she may not come at your home or surrounding area of 500 gaz surrounding your house.

Good luck

1 Like

Vicky (-)     05 August 2011

around 5-6 months back my wife was threatening me to do suicide over very trivial issue, and ran to cut her hand with knife... she said "I am cutting my hand with knife and will trap you and your family in this"...

I didn't file any police information, and now she is at her parents home for more than 4 months... can I still file the information in my police station? or what should I do?

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     05 August 2011

Dear Vicky, first of all plz file a seprate thread coz people over here will answer to the starter of the thread.

Further now at this later stage, you cannot approach the police coz police or judge will say that you consult any advocate thats why you are here.

The right way is file section 9 HMA to call her back to you or file divorce on cruelty ground and mention above facts.


Vicky (-)     05 August 2011

Dear Kamal, Sorry for interrupting and Thanks for your reply..

priya (student)     05 August 2011

thank you sir. Well mr dipangkar if she does go against dad then it wil be proved to him that she is only using him fr money and wil leav her,but we wil continu to fight for him against her. BTW whats the max she cud say? Rape? Second mariage? Wel we had alredy filed fir in mahila thana and area thana, against her n dad,so she is on weaker side.

Ravinder Kumar (Account Director)     05 August 2011

@Priya: You should immediately file complain in PS and better if you have proofs.. Since you already hav filed few cases against them there wont be much problem..

Best of luck..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register