LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sidd kumar (PROJECT MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT)     04 March 2017

'age limit for admission to llb'

This is to seek your opinion on the news item 'Age limit for admission to LLB' that appeared in the Times Of India (Mumbai edition) dated 3rd Feb 2017. So my query is- How can one set an age limit -for anyone- in the field of education? Isn't 'Right to Educate' oneself at anytime of life, the fundamental right of every citizen? What has age to do with seeking knowledge? It should be entirely left to the seeker. Why and how the Government can go against a citizen's fundamental right.? What does the Constitution say? I find this ruling absolutely absurd and ridiculous. Am I wrong? I will highly appreciate if you can enlighten me in this regard. Kind regards,

Learning

4 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     05 March 2017

Query repeated. Previous query I've ALREADY REPLIED AND EXPRESSED MY HUMBLE OPINION.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     07 March 2017

Anyway sUPREMECOURT GRANTED STAY AGAINST BCI RULING. yOU ARE RIGHT. RIGHT TO EDUCATION IS a fundamental right and forms part of Right to life and Personal Liberty under Article 21 of the Indin Constitution. Anyone who enjoys robust health and has interest in any subject should be allowed to pursue eduction.Art. 14 also of our Constitution.. harps on this point.By providing eqal right to education to one and all uneqals can be made eqal.There should not be age limit to acquire knowledge through formal education .It boosts confidence and happiness to the pursuer.Knowledgen is power and it makes you zealous , vigorous.and a vibrant personality

thelawassist   15 March 2017

As per previous examples given by Kumar Kashyap, answer to this question still not cleared.

Sh. P Suresh (For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always)     17 March 2017

# 5

SC has stayed the BCI Order.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/education/news/supreme-court-stays-upper-age-limit-for-students-fixed-by-bar-council-of-india-for-admission-to-llb/articleshow/57453122.cms

However, it is STAY ONLY. 

Good point indeed. It need be raised in SC during the next hearing or so.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register