Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shreyash   21 June 2022

𝑻𝒚𝒑𝒐 𝑬𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒓 𝒐𝒏 𝑨𝒅𝒉𝒂𝒓 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑫𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉 𝑪𝒆𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒆

My mother passed away 1 month back and we submitted her aadhar card for her death certificate.
However in her aadhar card there was a typo error in her name where her name was written as Sumiatra instead of Sumitra.
Now we are facing problems in the bank as all her accounts her name is Sumitra
What should be done plz advice


 1 Replies

Mahi Manchanda   23 June 2022


It is of utmost importance that your Aadhaar Card is updated to avoid any obstacles that arise, such as this one. To access the bank accounts you will need to make correction in the Aadhaar card.

You can update/change the demographic details on your Aadhaar card online anytime-anywhere through the official UIDAI website. However, your mobile number should be linked with your Aadhaar card to make the changes online. As per the latest developments, you can get minor changes such as your name, date of birth, address, gender and language changed in your Aadhaar card online through the official UIDAI website. However, there is a limit on the number of times you can make a correction on your Aadhaar.

You can also choose to visit the nearest Aadhar enrolment center and apply for correction in name in your mother's Aadhar card. You will need to provide requisite documents as proof while applying for the correction.

I hope this answers your question.

Have a good day!

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query