LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kulwinder singh (officer)     18 March 2012

Arresting officer

If someone has an F.I.R registered against them and they are in hiding who can arrest them? Is it the Investigating Officer only or can local police arrest the accused also? Thank you in advance.


 5 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     18 March 2012

read Section 41 Cr.P.C


the expression used is any police officer.

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     18 March 2012

In addition to Kiran Sir's opinio, If there are conditions as laid down in Sec  43 Cr.P.C., even private person may arrest the accused.

1 Like

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     18 March 2012

yes well added by Arvind :)


Police officer or any others appointed police officer/constable can arrest the accused.but cr.pc provision is a private person can arrest an accused.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads