Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi (ABC)     17 December 2013

X parte divorce

Hi,

My wife filed 498a and 13 against me 2 yrs back. I am attending all the hearing for 498a however I have not got any date from my lawyer on divorce case. not a single hearing in last two years on the case.

my questions are -

1. How can I check the status of the case, my lawyer said he want divorce to be xparte. however does x parte divorce goes 2 yrs long without hearing?

2. Will I get any notification from court on my address that divorce has been granted? or I need to approach court.

3. I also heard from my relatives that my wife has married again, however no proof with me. Still can I request court to direct police for investigation on same?

4. I also paid to my lawyer to file application to meet my daughter, however no hearing in since last one year. how do I check status of this.

i really feel something fishy here, as the lawyer in local to the place where case is going on and my job is in different state.

Could you please help me with this.

Learning

5 Replies

Aazad Sufferer (Advocacy-Family and women oriented laws)     17 December 2013

Your lawyer has cheated you since two years .I can't imagine that till now no dates for visitation and divorce been taken.Due to lethargic approach of you only the lawyers play stupidly and make a big hole in your hard earned pocket.

Without any second thought......change your lawyer.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     17 December 2013

Dear Ravi

you can file an application for inspection before court and get the inspect the judicial file yourself, nobody can stop you to do that.

if you are not ready to contest the divorce case then your lawyer is right but the time is more then normal timings. it will be better change your lawyer if there is loose of faith on him/her.

Feel Free to Call

Ravi (ABC)     18 December 2013

Thank you so much for your response.

How I can file application for inspection? whom to submit? Would it be possible to send it thru mail and get the response. I dont have any case number for child visitation case. 

Thank you.

Thank you Azad for response. Sorry for creating confusion, as I mentioned I am getting dates from my lawyer, however since me or my lawyer is not appearing in the court. the dates getting extended.

Thank you Azad for response. Sorry for creating confusion, as I mentioned I am getting dates from my lawyer, however since me or my lawyer is not appearing in the court. the dates getting extended.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register