Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dipen   19 July 2016

Written cross examination on crpc 125 maintenance appeal

Sir,

My wife has filed CrPC 125 maintenance appeal and she has submitted chief affidavit now. Now, I have to proceed her cross examination.

Is there a way, I can submit to court “Written Cross Examination” with set up of my question?

Please suggest. Thanks.

Learning

6 Replies

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     19 July 2016

You have to ask questions, not written questions.  If you find difficulty for that write questions on a paper and ask them one by one.

Dipen   19 July 2016

Like arguments could be submitted as “Written Argument” even though in court we can argue verbally. Can this be possible for Cross Examination also ask question in court and also submit the set of question in written format.

Born Fighter (xxx)     19 July 2016

why do you want to reveal your questions before hand to your wife ???

Do you want to help her prepare with the answers ...

Dipen   23 July 2016

There is nothing specific question. All the questions that I am going to ask are already recorded in phone call, video, sms, chat and bank statement.

All I want that her confession in the court. If she deny or make false statement then immediately I can produce evidence in the court and she may caught under IPC 209.

That’s why, I wanted to check, whether it is allowable to submit. “Written Cross Examination” can be submitted to court only just before cross examination. I will not give the copy of cross examination to my wife or her lawyer.

Please suggest, if it is feasible?

stanley (Freedom)     23 July 2016

@ Author .

you have to ask questions in cross examinations in order for her to give the answers and you may not know which directions the questions may proceed due to her answers as there might be additional questions to be asked depending on her answers .In cross examination her answers are recorded .

Sonali   23 July 2016

I have never come across the written cross examination because questions may vary based on the reply.

However, you can request to court to allow you to submit the set of question (if it's answer is only yes or no). It is based on courts permission although there is no tradition of written cross examination. In fact, it is good to document in written.

@ Born Fighter,

Agree to your comment but there is almost negligible probability of secret question in family case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register