LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Women get share in parental property as new marriage bill

Hi All, Wife get share in parental property as per New Marriage Bill ? How that would be? Example : Mother in law has two Houses. she has 2 boys and one girl. How that would be divided and In husband's share wife will get 50% or how that would be divided? Please advise.

Learning

11 Replies

498_final stage (Professional)     25 July 2013

I have similar concern. Please respond

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     25 July 2013

The bill is not yet passed and nobody can say in what final form it will be passed. So wait and watch.

Raajeev Sampat. (Self employed.)     25 July 2013

If your parents will the property to her other siblings than you then your wife isnt entitled to your parental property.

498_final stage (Professional)     25 July 2013

Hello Rajeev,

So you mean to say if my mother disown me and include my sisters/brothers in the will, then my so called legal wife will be entitled to their property?? I didnt get your point. Can you please elaborate?

If your parents leave you out in their will and give their properties to your other siblings your legally wedded wife cannot claim your parents properties.Also this is if this becomes a law which will take time to finally get legalised.

(Guest)

My mother is having Rs.100 with her name and she has Three children Two boys and one Girl. How she will distrbute Rs.100 to her Three children and Her Daughter in law? Please advise.

That is upto her on how much she wants to give to whom.I am not someone or rather no one is somepne who can advise that to her.

(Guest)

Hi, Thanks for quick advise. As per new law, How this applicable? How much daughter in law has the right to get in Rs.100 as per new law?Please advise. Thanks for quick advices.

Amit (NA)     25 July 2013

Does this apply even if the divorced wife remarries?

(Guest)

@ Amit,

No.Once remarried no claim further-----------the shop is closed for her past but new shop is opened for her future.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register